Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Study in Color

This is the first image that comes up when I googled "space" and I love it. I am a huge fan of contrast, especially with reds and blues. The muted navy tones make the bred/orange solar flare from what I assume is supposed to be the sun (or another nearby star) stand out more. One problem people have with photography and photoshop when they start out is that they try to put too many colors in at once. This image works because the color is balanced- one dark, one light. I don't feel like it's too much.

Clearly I am a fan of the dramatic. Another well-balanced photo, where the bright colors are concentrated in a few areas without being overwhelming. The gray third of this photo is what brings it together, because it allows the sunset colors to stand on their own without being too dramatic like a silhouette would be.


No comments:

Post a Comment